Best Andouille Sausage – Spicy and Delicious Cajun Style Sausage
Some people just can’t live without sausages, and I am one of them too! I put it in my dishes to add a good source of protein and taste. Many types of sausages are available in the market that vary in taste and flavor. And, when it comes to good flavor, oh boy, only lord knows how much I love andouille sausage which is an essential part of the Cajun cuisine. I like it due to its rich smoky and spicy flavor.
Best Andouille Sausage
Andouille is a smoked sausage made from the pork. It originated in France and became popular after that. However, in the US, this sausage is associated with Louisiana Creole cuisine as it is made with ingredients such as garlic, pepper, pork, onion, and seasonings. As the condiment used in making this type of sausage is similar to Cajun style, many people prefer calling Andouille as Cajun-style Sausage.
Speaking about Cajun seasoning, it is a blend of many spices such as salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Other ingredients like green onions, parsley, paprika, and bell pepper are sometimes added to it. People like to use this type of sausage in gumbo and jambalaya dishes. As it is aptly smoked, it delivers an exceptional flavor to the dish. Apart from these dishes, it can also be used with other recipes to make them yummier.
So, now let’s explore the options that are available online quickly, making it easy for you to select the best ones in the market.
1. Smoked Andouille Sausage
The first product is this list is the Smoked Andouille Sausage sold by the Sam’s Butcher Shop. It has the most positive reviews and feedback from its consumers. The Cajun sausage is load with spices and ingredients such as ancho chili powder, garlic, red pepper, and gumbo file. The sausage is suitable for gumbo and jambalaya cuisines. To give sausage the proper smoky flavor, it is smoked on low heat for five hours with cherry wood. The owner likes to make it at his shop and ship it to the customers fresh. It goes well with red beans and rice, also with chicken and sausage gumbo.
- The sausage is made in small batches in a very authentic and traditional way.
- It is always shipped fresh and is never older than a week.
- The rich smoky flavor of this sausage is different from other commercial brands sausage sellers.
- The products are always shipped in insulated containers with cold packs. The transit time is two days only to keep the sausage in a proper temperature range.
2. North Country Smokehouse Andouille Sausage
Another great option in this list is Andouille Sausage from North Country Smokehouse. This sausage is made from pork, garlic, salt, sodium nitrite, onion and, spicy Cajun seasonings. It makes your jambalaya taste divine! Many customers have recommended this sausage for its rich taste and flavor. But it is not evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to cure, treat, diagnose, or prevent any disease or health condition. I am sure you will love this sausage as it’s one of a kind.
- The sausage is made from the Iean pork making it unique from all other sausages available in the market.
- It goes well with both salads and pasta as it adds the rich flavor to the dish.
- It has a spicy, smoky flavor that is better than many others available in local stores and groceries.
- It is always packed in an insulated box with a cold pack keeping it fresh when delivered to the customers.
3. Leidy’s Andouille Sausage
If you want to try something different from other available sausages, then you can consider this option of Leidy’s Andouille Sausage. The manufacturer has not mentioned Cajun in their description but has used all the ingredients that are needed for Cajun seasoning. You can go through its ingredients list and decide if you want to give it a try. The sausage is made with premium quality spices. It comes in a pack of four, which is shipped fresh to the customers.
- The sausage is fully cooked and made of all natural ingredients.
- It is suitable for people who don’t prefer gluten in their food as it is gluten-free.
- It is naturally smoked to give it a rich flavor and is free from preservatives and MSG.
- The sausage can be used in jambalaya, gumbo, and much more.
4. Aidells Cajun Style Andouille Sausage
Aidells has been quite popular among people who like to order their sausages online frequently. It has many other varieties of flavors in sausages that you can try apart from the Cajun style sausage. It is smoked sausage made with pork. The ingredients include pork, water, salt, garlic spices, paprika, celery powder, and dehydrated onion. Many customers have reviewed the sausage as the one that has a burst of flavors which is different than other regular sausages. It also has a perfect amount of spice, making your dishes more delicious.
- The sausage is fully cooked and made from the 100% natural ingredients.
- It is gluten-free, so it is the best option for the people who are allergic to gluten in their food.
- There are four packs of the sausages in the packet, each weighing 12 oz. It can be used with white rice, a plate of red beans and even in hotdog buns.
- It is also free of nitrites and chemicals, making it safe for consumption.
5. Hoffy Chicken Andouille Sausage
The last one, the new addition to the Cajun style sausage, is the Hoffy Chicken Andouille Sausage. It is definitely for the people who are looking for a spicy Cajun staple. It goes well and adds an excellent flavor to gumbo, jambalaya, and cornbread stuffing. Not only this, it can be added to other meals as the spices in the sausage give a fantastic taste. It is not evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to cure, diagnose, or treat any disease or health condition. The sausage has a distinguishing flavor that makes it unique from other options.
- This Andouille sausage can be used to add a nice touch of spice to soups, sauces and side dishes.
- It is made exclusively from premium quality lean pork.
- It is naturally smoked and seasoned with spices to give it a characteristic taste and flavor.
- It is always delivered in an insulated packet with a cold pack to keep it fresh.
These are the best options for Cajun style sausages available easily online. I would suggest you go through the ingredients always before placing the order. If you are someone who follows a gluten-free diet, then make sure you select a gluten-free option from the list. I hope that this article helps you decide and find the one that is suitable for your needs and budget