When you leave your homeland and settle in a foreign country, one of the things you miss the most is the food. Nothing beats the warmth, taste, and delight of home-cooked food – every Indian residing in another country will vouch for that.
Best Cookware For Indian Cooking In The USA
But hey, you don’t have to compromise on your taste just because you are away from home! You can still cook the same food and get the same taste by purchasing a few cookware products. Thanks to the demand and advancements, these products are easily available in the USA and online.
Importance Of Having The Right Cookware For Indian Cooking
Most Indian dishes rely on two factors – acidity and cooking temperature. Heat transfer, for example, plays a big role and if you use the wrong utensils, the dish will not come out as expected. Also, since we work with quite a few acidic ingredients, cookware that can withstand the acidity is a must-have.
Due to these reasons, we advise you to go with cast iron, ceramic, or high-quality steel utensils only. The pots you choose should have a thick bottom and they must ideally be non-stick.
Best Cookware For Indian Cookware In USA – Editor’s Choice
Without further ado, we would like to introduce you to some of the top products available for you online. Each of these products has specific features, pros, and cons. Make sure you compare them all before shortlisting them.
1. Heim Concept Cookware Set – 12-piece
This set of 12 stainless steel utensils is an excellent starting point for anyone in the kitchen. It has all the basic utensils for you and comes with a few great features. Some of them are as follows:
- All products have a 3-layered bottom that enables it to withstand induction cooking. You can also use the utensils on gas, electric tops, and halogen tops.
- The rims have been tapered to enable drip-free transfer of the cooked dishes.
- The set contains a fry pan, a saucepan, and casseroles of different sizes. They all come with lids.
- They are oven-safe and can endure up to 550 degrees F.
- The handles are easy to grip and mirror polished.
- All the pots and pans are dishwasher safe.
2. Prestige Manttra Omega Select Plus – Deep Fry Pan
There isn’t an Indian kitchen that doesn’t have a “kadhai” or a deep fry pan. It is available in different sizes and suitable for cooking curries and lentils. Let’s take a closer look:
- This is a non-stick frying pan with a diameter of 10 inches. There are smaller and larger variations as well.
- It has a 3-layered non-stick coating that’s spoon friendly. This means that you don’t have to worry about scraping the coating while using metal ladles and spoons.
- The handles of the fry pan are sturdy and easy to grip.
- You can enjoy residue-free cooking as nothing sticks to the surface.
- The coating is poi-free. It is safe and makes way for healthy cooking.
3. Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Cookware
This is a complete cookware set from Rachael Ray. It includes bakeware as well. The aesthetic 12+5 set of pots and pans has the following specifications:
- The set includes saucepans, frying pans, a stockpot, a sauté pot, a turner, and a spoon. It also has non-stick bread pans.
- The utensils are made of durable aluminum and their exteriors are made of hard porcelain.
- They are PFOA-free and allow effortless cooking.
- They have rolled-rim edges and heavy construction for durable and ease of use.
- Their grips are silicone – comfortable and solid.
- All the pots and pans are safe for oven usage. They can withstand up to 450 degrees F.
4. Amazon Basics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven
This cute Amazon Basics Dutch Oven is available in multiple colors. You also have 3 sizes to choose from based on your cooking requirements. Here are reasons why you should consider buying it:
- It is a cast Iron Dutch Oven with durable side handles.
- It can withstand up to 400 degrees F and is safe for oven usage.
- The cast iron can distribute heat evenly and ensure proper cooking.
- It is suitable for stews, roasts, and Indian cooking.
- It is a very versatile utensil that you can use in different ways.
5. T-fal Initiatives Ceramic Thermo-Spot Cookware Set – 14-piece
Here’s another bundle of pans, pots, and ladles for you! This set contains 14 pieces of cookware made for Indian cooking. Below are a few more details:
- The pots and pans are ceramic and have a non-stick interior.
- They have an even base that spreads the heat evenly and helps with reliable cooking.
- The utensils are safe for the oven and dishwasher. They can endure up to 570 degrees F.
- The bundle consists of fry pans, saucepans, a Dutch oven, and spoons.
- They are PFOA-free, cadmium-free, and lead-free.
Cooking Indian dishes is more fun when you have the right cookware. Purchase any of the sets or individual items above and elevate your Indian cooking now! Make sure you compare them based on your needs so that you don’t compromise on the taste. All the best!